Current:Home > MySean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations -Capitatum
Sean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations
Surpassing View
Date:2025-04-06 11:46:23
Content warning: This story discusses sexual assault.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is speaking out against assault allegations being made against him.
"For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy," he wrote on Instagram Dec. 6. "Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday."
"Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged," Diddy continued. "I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth."
In recent weeks, the rapper has been named in several lawsuits, including one filed on Nov. 16 by his ex-girlfriend Cassie, who accused him of rape and abuse.
"After years in silence and darkness, I am finally ready to tell my story, and to speak up on behalf of myself and for the benefit of other women who face violence and abuse in their relationships," the singer—legal name is Cassandra Ventura—told NBC News at the time. "With the expiration of New York's Adult Survivors Act fast approaching, it became clear that this was an opportunity to speak up about the trauma I have experienced and that I will be recovering from for the rest of my life."
Diddy's attorney previously denied the accusations on his behalf, calling Cassie's allegations "outrageous."
On Nov. 17, a day after her filing, Cassie—who dated Diddy on and off for nearly a decade—confirmed that they'd reached a settlement.
"I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control," Cassie said in a statement via NBC News. "I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support."
Diddy, meanwhile, also shared in his own statement that he wished Cassie and her family "all the best."
In late November, Diddy was named in two more lawsuits by women who claimed he assaulted them, allegations which he denied via his spokesperson.
A fourth misconduct lawsuit, obtained by the New York Times, was filed against Diddy on Dec. 6, shortly before he posted his Instagram message denying any wrongdoing.
Per the outlet, the fourth suit was filed by an unnamed woman who says Diddy and "two other men gang-raped her in a New York recording studio" 2003, when the woman was 17.
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (49987)
Related
- Nevada attorney general revives 2020 fake electors case
- Georgia’s rising public high school graduation rate hits record in 2023
- Blinken calls deposed Niger leader ahead of expected US declaration that his overthrow was a coup
- Amazon October Prime Day Deal: Shoppers Say This $100 Vacuum Works Better Than Dyson
- Toyota to invest $922 million to build a new paint facility at its Kentucky complex
- Environmental groups ask EPA to intervene in an Alabama water system they say is plagued by leaks
- Jury deliberates in first trial in Elijah McClain's death
- Ukraine’s Zelenskyy visits neighboring Romania to discuss security and boost ties
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- Why Brody Jenner Drank Fiancée Tia Blanco's Breast Milk in His Coffee
Ranking
- Travis Hunter, the 2
- Ron DeSantis to file for New Hampshire primary Thursday
- Resale value of Travis Scott concert tickets has plummeted due to low demand
- Mexico says it has rejected US-funded migrant transit centers
- Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
- North Carolina Republicans enact voting, election boards changes over Democratic governor’s vetoes
- The US declares the ousting of Niger’s president a coup and suspends military aid and training
- California becomes the first state to ban 4 food additives linked to disease
Recommendation
What to know about Tuesday’s US House primaries to replace Matt Gaetz and Mike Waltz
'Feels like the world is ending': Impacts of strikes in Gaza already devastating
U.S. sends aircraft carrier group to eastern Mediterranean in response to Hamas attack on Israel
Jury deliberates in first trial in Elijah McClain's death
Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
New Mexico governor defends approach to attempted gun restrictions, emergency order on gun violence
Congo orders regional peacekeepers to leave by December
Thousands across US gather for vigils, protests over Israel-Hamas war: 'Broken the hearts of many people'